Over my tenure, City was successful in obtaining over $12 Million to assist with roadway improvements, parks, the new City Hall and numerous other projects. As a result, our tax rates have remained relatively constant, notwithstanding the significant improvements and operational costs. My desire to serve one more term is because of the important priorities for the coming years:
1. Wilton Drive construction – undertaken in conjunction with and funded by FDOT and Broward MPO and improvements for parking and local transportation
2. Collahatchee, Hagen and further Mickel Park Improvements, also largely with grants
3. Improvements for major roadways including Powerline, Andrews, 26th and portions of Oakland Park, largely through FDOT and MPO funding
4. Appropriate reviews of private developments
5. Continuing strong police and fire services for our City
In addition, I want to support our relatively new City Manager and Assistant City Manager, as they continue to gain experience working with our staff and residents as well as outside stakeholders to implement our City’s goals. My strong relationships with our new State and County officials, and Congressional Representatives and U.S. Senators, and my experience working with other governments, Leagues of Cities, and Broward Days will be key for our success. In addition, my role as a lawyer with one of the State’s largest law firms has always been an asset.
Again, it is an honor and privilege to represent you, and I thank you for your continued support.